1. To what extent is historical accuracy important in history based video games? why?
2. What would you hope students would/or what did you take away from the games you played or those that are available today to play? What does this experience offer that traditional mediums don’t?
3. How do video games compare with other popular forms of history (historical fiction, historical films, etc…)? Is there an advantage to gaming that the other forms don’t have.
4. What historical value is there in video gaming/playing history based games?
5. Given gamer culture (see video below), what is the barrier to entry for new gamers or non-traditional gamers? To what extent do these barriers exist in the tech world in general?